Protection of Personal Data
Request to Visitors to and Users of Our Web Site
- Compliance with Laws and Regulations
TABS will comply with all laws and regulations related to personal data.
- Specification of Use
Whenever TABS asks for personal information, it will specify in advance the purposes for which such information will be used, and will restrict the use to those purposes. If TABS should ever need to use personal data for purposes other than those specified, it shall inform the individuals concerned of the additional purposes. Any individual may refuse to have personal data used for such additional purposes. Individuals who do not wish to provide TABS with personal data can withhold consent, though doing so may prevent access to certain services that TABS provides.
- Non-disclosure to Third Parties
In principle, TABS does not disclose or provide personal data to third parties, except in the following circumstances.
- When express consent to do so is received from the person concerned.
- When an inquiry concerning a product or service can be more appropriately handled by a TABS subsidiary or affiliate that is responsible for that product or service.
- When TABS consigns such activities as promotional campaigns or competitions to other entities, in which case personal data is covered by the terms of a non-disclosure agreement.
- When it is necessary to complete the settlement of payment for products ordered or services provided (e.g., providing information to financial institutions to facilitate credit card transactions, etc.).
- When a judicial order or the like obliges TABS to disclose personal data.
- When business is transferred to another entity by way of a merger, corporate separation or otherwise.
Individuals who wish to confirm their personal data should contact the section responsible for the services where they input the information. TABS will provide the personal data that it has when it has confirmed that the individual making the inquiry is the person concerned. This restriction applies to prevent leakage of personal data to third parties. When personal data contains errors or needs to be updated, TABS will make the required changes, when it has confirmed that the individual making the request is the person concerned. This restriction applies to prevent improper alteration of personal data by third parties.
- Security Measures
TABS implements strict security measures to ensure that personal data is not improperly accessed, leaked, lost, destroyed or dishonestly altered.